Android, a software platform and operating system for mobile devices developed by Google and the Open Handset Alliance, is the new craze of the Mobile application development industry. It allows developers to write managed code on Java based language that utilizes Google-developed Java libraries.
Android Application Development is the best suitable option for them as Android is a powerful and natural platform to develop mobile applications. It contains a real power to completely change the look and feel, as well as the functions of a mobile device.
Android is one of the most useful device for the developers to create powerful and innovative mobile applications very easily and quickly. Android is a mobile software platform as well as operating system designed on the Linux Kernel. It is open source software, which is developed by Google and the Open Handset Alliance. It is a mobile operating system running on the Linux kernel. It was initially developed by Android Inc., a firm later purchased by Google, and lately by the Open Handset Alliance.It allows developers to write managed code in the Java language, controlling the device via Google-developed Java libraries. The unveiling of the Android distribution on 5 November 2007 was announced with the founding of the Open Handset Alliance, a consortium of 47 hardware, software, and telecom companies devoted to advancing open standards for mobile devices. Android offers various features to create inventive and modern mobile applications and some of the most important features are listed below:
• GSM, EDGE, CDMA, Bluetooth, WI-Fi, EV-DO, and UMTS technologies to send and receive data across mobile networks.
• Comprehensive libraries for 2D and 3D graphics.
• It reduces the developmental cycle, provides easy to use development tools.
• It gives the developers right to use to all services and information without any differentiation.
• Gives rich browser amenities to give better services.
• Features of Video camera, touchscreens, GPS, accelerometer, and magnetometer.
• P2P using Google Talk.
• Android is Linux based so it gives easy contact to mobile device functionality.